Saturday 23 July 2011

We all have a story to tell...


A blog (a blend of the term web log)[1] is a type of website or part of a website. Blogs are usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video.
I am inlove with blogging! Its ridiculous, its sick how I have become enthralled with this world of REAL, lovely sincere peeps. I’m kicking myself, for kinda forcing myself to switch off and adapt a snobbish outlook to blogging. I don’t have any tangible reasons for this, I really don’t. All I know is I had no interest in blogging or blog-surfing ( hehehe) for the longest time. The closest excuse/reason I have for this is David Bullard….(plz don’t judge me). Anyway so there was once a time when I was a self-proclaimed disciple of Mr Bullard’s. I read his weekly columns, religiously and in one column he wrote about this new phenomena called blogs. He went on to say how these people (bloggers) are wannabe journalist with no depth or knowledge. (I’m of cause taking liberties here peopleJ). He said a whole lot more trust me, just don’t remember the whole diatribe directed at my now, treasured fellow bloggers.

How wrong was he? How absolutely foolish of me, to follow him so blindly? I have missed out on so much! Here Iv found like minded people who think the same way or have the same insecurities as I and who magically live miles and miles away from me, as far afield as freakn Iceland!

Hope you can detect the Steve Urkel excitemnt here folks....Anywho, one of my fav bloggers wrote that she always has a “Pretty Woman” complex when she goes into these high end clothing boutiques. That moment when you feel like the sales assistants are kinda looking down on you and silently saying “You cant afford us booboo, please leave” AMEN, if you’ve ever had one of those moments… Another blogger who was actually the first blogger I followed was Gabbi, from Gabbi Fresh (Young fat and fabulous) unleashed a monster in me. You c I have what we (South Africans) call an African trademark, big huge, PHAT ass and I always thought it restricted me from wearing so many clothes. Gabbi showed me that, nah ah girl, do your thing! Be you, wear you and embrace you!
I’m so grateful for this universe! We all feel, think and know that what we sometimes feel, think and know is important and should be shared with anyone that cares to listen. For me that’s the basic premise of blogging, it’s a fun internet playground for ordinary joes, who’ve  never starred in blockbuster movies, or sold multi platinum albums( although some of us dream of it), to share the things that are important to us…So yes, Im a tad bit late but its still a pleasure to be part of this wereld…
In due time will be posting interviews with SA's fav artists, cant wait for that. Gonna be blayzzzzing:)
In the meantime here are some of my fav bloggers….. so far.
There is no order of importance here, just some peeps who rock my world.....karlas closet, because im addicted, carolines mode., keiko lynn, this chicks got style, brooklynblonde, my style pillmiss milli bIn my humble opinion, so much more but ill keep sharin for sure...

Get rowdy!

No comments:

Post a Comment