Wednesday 10 August 2011

Be Loud, PLEASE!

So I have been away for a while now...but oh let me tell you it was all worth it! Took a much needed vacation to JHB you see and I didn’t realise how much I needed it, until I was actually there. So much weight went off my shoulders! Twaz nothing short of miraculous. Tried to take pics, but i left my cam charger in PE, so no pics from there. But no worries when I eventually do relocate to Jozi I’ll be bombarding this blog with everything Jozi. I love, ABSO -freakn- LUTELY love Johannesburg!

Anywho moving on to something completely unrelated, it is was Women’s Day izolo (yesterday in Xhosa, my native lingo) and I always ahhm ok not always, but often sign off my blog posts, with something like misbehave or get rowdy or something of that nature. So in this months issue of Destiny magazine I read the most beautiful interview with Eve Ensler, she is the warrior woman who wrote Vagina Monologues. Love her! Want to share just one of the inspiring answers she gave to Destiny mag:

"I believe girls are too often told to please and to be something than what they are. Its very important for them to be inspired by other verbs like “create”, “learn” and defy. Girls are very powerful, but are often told to behave themselves. I don’t want girls to behave themselves".


That was Ms Ensler very relevant to Womens month I think, it also resonated deep within because Iv been told so many times, that a girl cant shave off all her hair, cant be loud, cant sit with her legs open, cant be a DJ, cant wear size 8 shoes, cant be that, cant be this, so many things that I actually am. So this kinda re-emphasised the way I choose to live my life and what Id like for other peeps too. Be true to YOUR heart. BE LOUD!


So still on that note, I have been looking for red denim pants, something that is considered too loud for the eyes, in these parts of the world. I searched for two full months, I kid you not, its hard having the kinda lower body I have and still be able to follow hot trends. My search came to an unexpected halt when I saw them all pretty and dangerous at a Woolies store in PE. GLORIA!!!! Here they are:)
 




Denim Pants - Woolies
Sleaveless sailor T - Mr Price
Denim Jacket - Mr Price
Floral Pumps - Rage
Globe Necklace - Mr Price
Ring - Ginger Mary
Bracelates - Mr Price / Truworths
Shades - Mr Price

 Love...

No comments:

Post a Comment