Thursday 16 June 2011

Dont let them walk away wit yo stuff!

Hi world, yes the three of you (everything has to start somewhere ok)....Its been a while, been depressed happy, depressed, sad, frustrated, depressed. Am sure u get the picture Im tryna paint for ya. Im actually fighting with my bad self (fear) to write this post right now, cause my good self (love) knows its good for me and it makes me happy, just as I am, now! So boooohooo to you bad self! You loosssssseeee......this time.

So was watching For Colored Girls yesterday, Tyler Perry's adaptation of Ntozakhe Shange's award winning play, For Colored Girls Who have Considered Suicide When The Rainbow Is Enuf. I wont go into detail, on how good or bad the movie was, but I was moved. Especially when the character (Juanita/Green) played by Lorreta Devine starts to recite one of Shanges poems, "somebody almost walked off wid alla my stuff". WHAAATTTTTTT!

So much power! So wanted to share it wit al y'al. Here it is:

http://wildyounghearttt.tumblr.com/post/1506732992/somebody-almost-walked-off-wid-alla-my-stuff-not

Ill forgive you, if you become completely obsessed with anything that Ntozakhe Shange touches! Almost thought she knew me, personally. Thought she wrote this for me! Such beauty. I like the fact that she writes, somebody ALMOST walked off wid alla my stuff. They tried, they wanted to but couldnt quite get it right, because, as Shange puts it "it’s really my stuff/ ya gotta give it to me/ if ya really want it/ i’m  the only one/ can handle it".

No comments:

Post a Comment